Kids Practice Cleaning
In "Play" mode, a scene (e.g. bathroom, kitchen, etc.) is selected. When the scene loads:
- A list of items that need to be "put away" is displayed on the left
- The scene with items is shown on the right
- Each item can be dragged around the scene and needs to be placed where it belongs
- As items are "put away," they get checked off on the list displayed on the left
Parents/Teachers Customize the Configuration
The app comes with a few pre-loaded scenes, but what makes it more useful is customization. In any given scene:
- Items can be added (from an existing list, from the photo library, or using the camera), or removed
- The exact placement of an item is determined by moving it to a desired location (e.g. where it is normally misplaced or left out)
- The exact region of where an item should be placed can be defined by a movable and resizeable green rectangle.
- An on/off switch determines whether an item should disappear when "put away," representing whether the item goes "inside" or is simply placed (e.g. garbage disappears inside of a garbage can, but a towel does not disappear when hung on a rack)
New scenes can be created by taking a photo with the camera, or using an existing photo stored on the device's photo library. Individual items can also be edited to provide useful hints in "Play" mode.